Quick Update
This past week and a half have been really busy and tiring- hence the lack of blogging : ) But I figured I shouldn't leave ya hanging for too long!
Thanksgiving was great! We all got together and made tons of yummy food, ate together, tasted some terrific turkish wine, and enjoyed the beautiful weather up in the foresty-type area we were in. I spent the next three days looking after the 9 kids so I was pooped by the end- and happy to return home and chill out : ) but nevertheless glad for the experience.
Now I'm in my first week of full teaching and working hard at learning the kids, curriculum and formulating a schedule that will work for all of us. Things have been going amazingly well- my week has actually been fun so far! I'm really tired due to the fact that we are just starting out, pioneering a new program, and learning through trial and error ;aka everything takes 10 times as long but- it's still fun to be jumping into my job. I like putting my hands to a task and using my energy and the momentum I seem to constantly have.
The mornings here have been absolutely beautiful lately... I usually get up at 7:30 catch the bus by 8:00- ride it for about 10 minutes further out into the real village and towards the mountains, and then walk another 10 min. The mornings have been bright and clear and a little breezy- which is invigorating and life giving. It makes the mountain ridge right behind their house look awesome!! I have thought numerous times today- wow... I sure did fall into a really incredible nook that I could never have imagined existed... Tomorrow I move into the Albers (where I am teaching) for the holiday season to celebrate with them- they have put a bed and a wardrobe in my room (yay! I finally get to unpack and decorate : ) and I bought a bunch of candles yesterday, one of my favorite comforts- they seem to make anyplace I am more comfy and inviting.
Thanksgiving was great! We all got together and made tons of yummy food, ate together, tasted some terrific turkish wine, and enjoyed the beautiful weather up in the foresty-type area we were in. I spent the next three days looking after the 9 kids so I was pooped by the end- and happy to return home and chill out : ) but nevertheless glad for the experience.
Now I'm in my first week of full teaching and working hard at learning the kids, curriculum and formulating a schedule that will work for all of us. Things have been going amazingly well- my week has actually been fun so far! I'm really tired due to the fact that we are just starting out, pioneering a new program, and learning through trial and error ;aka everything takes 10 times as long but- it's still fun to be jumping into my job. I like putting my hands to a task and using my energy and the momentum I seem to constantly have.
The mornings here have been absolutely beautiful lately... I usually get up at 7:30 catch the bus by 8:00- ride it for about 10 minutes further out into the real village and towards the mountains, and then walk another 10 min. The mornings have been bright and clear and a little breezy- which is invigorating and life giving. It makes the mountain ridge right behind their house look awesome!! I have thought numerous times today- wow... I sure did fall into a really incredible nook that I could never have imagined existed... Tomorrow I move into the Albers (where I am teaching) for the holiday season to celebrate with them- they have put a bed and a wardrobe in my room (yay! I finally get to unpack and decorate : ) and I bought a bunch of candles yesterday, one of my favorite comforts- they seem to make anyplace I am more comfy and inviting.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home