Christmas Eve
Christmas Eve arrived to me here in Turkey in such a delightful way... I woke up and ventured outside to make the walk to the bus stop where I catch the bus to go teach. The air was crisp and cool, the sun was bright and aflame, and the wind was whipping everything around. I absolutely love weather like this because it makes everything seem alive and aflame and vibrant. The day ended beautifully with an amazing latte that was drunken kid-less (only with the other adults) while they were practicing for the play and then with an amazing christmas service at St. Paul's the interantional church here that I go to. The children's play was so awesome and the choir picked some really nice songs- it just felt like christmas in the midst of so much that doesn't make sense to me that it was comforting... And to all of you wherever you are and whatever you may be doing for Christmas this year- I wish you joy and peace and thankfulness at the unique and special gift of a savior at Christmas time! All my love...





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home