Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thunder and Lightning...

Well... as it is written "weeping may last for a night , but His joy comes in the morning...." (psalm 30:5) I find that it sometimes comes in the most unusual places... Today was like that. Yesterday I was discouraged, a little sad, and pretty much frustrated at all that is different here and all that I can't do. But this morning I woke up early- ran to catch the bus and today I didn't have to miss my coffee because I brought it in a to-go cup. Then, my bus was only 15 minutes late and I actually caught the right one the first time. It took me to the exact spot I wanted to go. I spent 3 hours with the kids observing their mom teaching again and while I was there it started raining and then pouring for the first time since I arrived. I watched the rain fall from inside through the window and realized how much I loved it and how much it comforted me. It was as if God heard my thoughts, as a loud clap of thunder boomed and we were mesmerized for the next hour watching the sky light up and listening to it boom. As I left I grabbed a clear plastic umbrella from their doorway and ran to wait for my bus back. In the near distance I heard the eerie and solemn cry of the call to prayer sound out against the stormy sky. An interesting sensation came over me and it struck me that for the first time... the moment was awesome... and I felt like that because I was comforted.... and I was comforted because I have an amazing Father who loves me and has me in His plans. Anyways- then I got on the bus and headed home. Quickly changed out of my village clothes into some new dry/ city clothes (aka normal clothes) and got a ride in with Charlene. I was dropped in a location I had been to before and I rode the streetcar till my stop, where I completed one errand for Charlene and then got incredibly distracted by the ice cream place that Jamie had taken me to last week. I walked up to the window in my raincoat and umbrella beneath a sky of rain and said, " Bir kucuk fincan kahve den lutfen." which translated directly to "one. small. cup. coffee. of. please. which I'm sure sounded ridiculous... but I got my ice cream : ) And so I had my fun parading around eating my ice cream under my clear umbrella in the rain : ) It was fun and I don't care what anyone else thought of me. I explored old side streets and saw so many treasures... Next time when it's not raining I'll take my camera and I'll show you what I saw...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home