Just down the road a ways...
...is a beautiful waterfall area. It takes me 10 minutes to walk to and costs me 1.20 lira to enter in. I walk past construction, over potholes, through a field, and finally by a row of tourist trap souvenir shops that line the pathway to my destination. Unsure of what exactly, I'm stepping into I pay the kind turkish man behind the glass cubicle in front of me and start the decent down many steps, following the sound of rushing water to the bottom of the cavern where I see, to my delight, a series of beautiful waterfalls. The colors of the falls and the green that surrounds me fill my vision and I am calmed. The roar of the rushing water creates a deep hush in the cavern that I now sit within and I love it! This will prove to be a wonderful place to spend my alone time reading, pondering, drawing, praying, or just finding time to be me.
I am reminded of this verse being down in the basin of these falls...
" Deep calls to deep
in the roar of your waterfalls;
all your waves and breakers
have swept over me.
By day the LORD directs his love,
at night his song is with me—
a prayer to the God of my life."
-Psalm 42:7-8




I am reminded of this verse being down in the basin of these falls...
" Deep calls to deep
in the roar of your waterfalls;
all your waves and breakers
have swept over me.
By day the LORD directs his love,
at night his song is with me—
a prayer to the God of my life."
-Psalm 42:7-8

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home