Friday, November 21, 2008

A Day in the City.

Today was full and exciting. I awoke early to the promise of a beautiful day. The sun was shining through our kitchen window welcoming me to wake up as I drank my coffee. I grabbed my bag and hoped on my bike to start my 20 minute ride out to the Alber's house. I worked with the little ones this morning on their reading which means hanging out on the couch under a blanket with the kids still in their jammies reading them stories and creating games out of them.

I rode home around noon helped finish a little baking in preparation for an American bridal shower for our housemate Rachel tomorrow and then hoped on the bus with Jamie. We got off before we reached the center of the city and bought some decorations for the party, discovered an awesome bead shop where I will definitely return to acquire some treasures for presents in the future, and then headed in further. The rest of the day was filled with errands and finding different things we needed which is all part of the learning process for me. We got italian ice cream, bought some warmer clothes for me to prep for winter, tried to figure out my cell phone in turkish which was frustrating, watched the sunset as we ate turkish mexican food (some pretty funny stuff including mozzarella sticks, chicken nuggets and french fries), and rode the tramway (streetcar). I loved today... and here are some pictures to show you just how much.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home