Well, it seems that I only have about about three weeks left here in Africa and that makes me much more focused on the actual reasons that I am here. I realize that God has brought me here for his purposes- not my own. I realize that I have the ability to encourage those around me and to make a choice to consider them first, those that are staying here and continuing to work with the people and ministry here, rather than myself and all of things that I may want to do or see.
I was thinking yesterday about how much more comfortable I feel here now after a few months. About how I've made realtionships with some of the mozambicans and see them each week, visit their homes, bring them bread, and play with their kids. About how excited the kids get when they see us come through the gate at the orphanage.. how they're beginning to trust us and know that we're coming back and that we love them. About how surprised some of the youth are to see us show up at their events time and time again and realize that we are actually investing ourselves in the things they are working towards. About the way the girls smile when they hear how much better our portuguese is now and ask us... how did you learn that?

I was thinking yesterday about how much more comfortable I feel here now after a few months. About how I've made realtionships with some of the mozambicans and see them each week, visit their homes, bring them bread, and play with their kids. About how excited the kids get when they see us come through the gate at the orphanage.. how they're beginning to trust us and know that we're coming back and that we love them. About how surprised some of the youth are to see us show up at their events time and time again and realize that we are actually investing ourselves in the things they are working towards. About the way the girls smile when they hear how much better our portuguese is now and ask us... how did you learn that?




2 Comments:
Mother Teresa's Prayer:
"May today there be peace within. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith. May you use those gifts that you have received and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content knowing you are a child of God. Let this presence settle in your bones and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love..." I am amazed by your important work. Love, Mom
Dearest Ashley:
Your website is a great way to start our day back here in little old West Linn. Thank you so much for the wonderful information you share with us. You look so happy; it's nice to know more about where you are and what you are doing there. We can't wait to see you and hear more stories! We love you, Ash!
Post a Comment
<< Home