Friday, July 07, 2006


Today I stole away amidst the busy-ness of the day to have a date with a cup of chai, a hammock, and a good book. This is about the most relaxing combination of things that I can think of : ) I spent so much time with kids this morning at the orphanage that it was so nice to just chill out, soak in the sun and not move. We have this awesome open air-roof thing that has a couple hammocks and from it you can look down onto busy streets and out acrossed the skyline and rooftops. It's kind of fun to be up above the trees and just look down on things.

I'm starting the book, "Surprised by Joy" by CS Lewis and although I haven't read much yet, I'm very intrigued by the title. Before I even got to the second page I realized that I was lost in my own thoughts about Joy and what it is, where it comes from and how it is manifested in our lives. I think joy is something that God gives us often and in small things... it's kind of a state of being rather than an emotion... But at the same time, I think the joy that God gives me evokes emotion- like when I see his creation- a beautiful waterfall, and it gives me joy, I feel something emotional. Well, at any rate... I'm excited to learn more about what CS Lewis has to say about it. I know that it's a blessing that God wants to bestow on us and I don't want to miss out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home