Thursday, July 13, 2006


Here in Maputo, unfotunately most of my daily actvities can't be caught on film (or I guess digitally) because it is unsafe to take my camera out in most places. I wish I could show you pictures from the orphanage to even begin to describe to you what a day there looks like and how many kids there are with their big tummies and smiles, open sores and shaved heads, and the little baby that looks like an old woman on a babies body because her skin sags and she has a head full of tight, curly hair. And I wish I could take pictures of the tin houses and tire fences that we visit to teach kids bible stories and songs twice a week. I want you to see the busy streets and the way they make "muffler trees" all over town by hanging up used mufflers for sale on a coat stand. But I can't I can only describe them to you. Here is one photo that I was able to get of a woman in a small village near the beach...

2 Comments:

Blogger sara said...

Hi Ash! Beautiful pic. I'm glad I found your blog so I can hear what's up down there in Mozi. It makes me smile thinking that we're on the same continent. I'm so happy I got to meet you while you were here in Burundi. I trust the Lord to keep and guide you until we can meet again. I leave for OREGON in 5 days!! (please pray for patience) love, sara

1:41 AM  
Blogger Tony Martinez said...

Pennington
I know you have a serious blog here....but I could not help but think of you this weekend as I was on beach after beach soaking in the sun and swimming lazily. you would have loved every minute of it.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home